Select Page

What apps are accountancy practices using in 2024?

by Helen Brooks
| May 8, 2024 |

Every year we review which applications our clients are running on our platform. Given the nature of what we provide (hosted desktops for accountants) there is unsurprisingly a significant number of server/desktop-based applications in our top ten.

Top 10 apps run on Cloud2Me servers (listed alphabetically):

  • Basic PAYE Tools
  • BrightPay
  • CCH
  • Digita
  • IRIS Accountancy Suite
  • Moneysoft Payroll Manager
  • Sage Accounts
  • Sage Payroll
  • TaxCalc
  • Virtual Cabinet

Most accountancy practices are running multiple applications within their company, with just under 75% using between two and ten applications on a day-to-day basis. But what about the remaining 25%?

16.5% of the accountancy practices on our platform are running just one application on our platform, with the top three being (listed alphabetically):

  • BrightPay
  • Merit
  • Moneysoft Payroll Manager
  • Sage Accounts
  • Virtual Cabinet

8% of accountancy practices are not running ANY desktop or server based applications at all, which means they are using exclusively web-based (SaaS) accountancy applications on our platform (a growing trend given the security benefits hosted desktop can offer).

So what about the remaining 0.5% of accountancy practices? These are our super-app clients, running 11+ server based applications! 

Check out our Hosted Desktop page for more information on how we can help your accountancy practice grow, or contact us here to ask for a quote or demo.

Why Cloud2Me?

Completely UK based Cloud and tech support

We carefully manage every stage of the setup and migration

Partnerships with the very best, including Citrix, Microsoft, Dell and more

Hundreds of longstanding, happy clients

IT tech support with genuine compassion and care

3 years in, see how Gilbert Meher Recruitment has benefited from Hosted Desktop.

Scope of works:

Exceptional platform uptime

Superb technical support

Zero security concerns

Facilitated business growth

Share This